For a group of pharmaceutical companies with headquarters in Anderlecht (Belgium) and offices in Ireland and the United States. Employing in total over 140 employees, the Group distributes a wide range of pharmaceutical products to pharmacies, wholesalers, hospitals and retirement homes. At the same time, Alter Pharma is a global player on the generics market, with around 15 molecules on the European and US market and a fully stocked pipeline of niche, complex and added value products.
• They are proud of our entrepreneurial culture and foster open communication, mutual respect, professionalism and efficient decision-making and we believe that our multicultural organisation is one of our most important competitive advantages.
• They believe that timely and well considered decisions as a response to emerging opportunities and ideas is the key to thier success.
• They believe that the success of the company lies in the competence, dedication and motivation of each of our employees.
• They believe that freedom returns flexibility and empowerment returns commitment.
They are currently looking for a talented IT Support Technician to help us proactively managing the lifecycle of the medicinal products. The successful candidate must have 1 to 3+ years technical experience including extensive customer service experience.
You will support customer requests via telephone, email, Teams, or other available means of contacting the Support Team.
You will report directly to the companies’ IT Manager / CIO and will be based in Anderlecht, Belgium.
The job description
The IT Support Technician undertakes full responsibility:
• Follow up processes and procedures setup within the IT Department
• Answer the IT Support contact telephone and emails received from users
• Help users set-up their equipment and troubleshoot any issues
• Follow up on incidents and user requests and closure within SLA timeframes
• Complete form processing/data entry in a timely and accurate manner
• Follow through with users whose issues are not closed on initial contact, which may include
additional communication to the user, a Manager, or other support areas within the team and
specifically outside the team
• Document all requests, incidents & problems into the helpdesk system in timely and accurate
• Keep informed about new developments and best practices within IT Support
• Aim to follow up ITIL or similar standards setup by the IT Team
• Security related activities (MFA, password reset, access permissions, etc)
• Telecom tasks related to office phones, VOIP and mobile phones (handsets/SIMs/numbers)
Hardware & Software
• Maintain an accurate registrar of hardware and software assets both in stock and in use by
• Ensure that all equipment is correctly identified and tagged
• Search for any illegal software installed in their systems and inform the manager
about any license compliance issues
• Stay up-to-date with hardware and software changes that could impact the systems and their
operation by their employees
• Ensure that there is always available stock of equipment and accessories for users that can be
deployed quickly for new employees or as replacement for faulty equipment
• Work with other team members to setup and maintain a standard image for computer systems
to allow for quick deployment of new equipment
• Understand and apply group policies and other configuration measures that will improve the
security, performance and reliability of equipment used by thier employees
Documentation & Training
• Write, review and keep up-to-date documents and guides to be used by both technicians and
• Create, update and encourage the use of a helpdesk section within the Share Point both by
technicians and their employees
• Transfer of relevant knowledge to team members
• Train users in the use of computer equipment, software and connectivity solutions
Administrative Support Functions
• Identify and document troubleshooting techniques/steps in the IT wiki
• Respond to miscellaneous request and research as directed by their line manager
• Attend job-related training
• Perform other duties as assigned. The duties and responsibilities listed above are
representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive.
• Occasional travel to other group locations or partners might be necessary.
Your professional profile
• The successful candidate has 1 to 3+ years technical experience including extensive customer
You have perfect command of written / oral English (technical) and French, as well as good knowledge of
telephone skills. Proprietary software training will be provided, however, a solid understanding of standard
software functionality in Windows environment is required. A degree in computer sciences is an advantage,
but experience is certainly more valuable.
• Attention to detail is a must
• You are task orientated, capable of taking ownership of support incidents from the moment
they are received until their resolution is completed
• You have working knowledge of:
o call tracking or helpdesk/support software
o setup, diagnostic and troubleshooting of laptops/tablets, mobile phones, printers,..
o imaging and remote software deployment (MS Intune an advantage)
o Windows 10 Pro and Microsoft 365 applications (Office & Teams)
o software applications such antivirus, remote support tools, Adobe, LastPass, etc
o setup and troubleshooting of internet connectivity and related hardware
o networking, Active Directory, Windows server 2008 and above
o remote desktop environments such as Windows Virtual Desktop (WVD)
o experience with Azure AD, SSO an advantage
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• You must have good listening skills and ability to empathize
• You are flexible, adaptable and able to work under pressure and efficiently multitask
• You must have sense of ownership and responsibility
• Self-motivated, self-starter and a good finisher
• You are able to succeed and contribute to a team environment
• You are punctual, attentive and diligent
• You speak and write fluently English (technical) and French. Other languages are an asset.