Develop new enhancements as requested by the business (this could be from Front, Middle or Back Office). Enhancements can be in the form of new financial products, new booking methods, improving functionality, reacting to audit points, regulatory requirements etc.
Maintenance bug fixing, intra-day technical support and overnight 3rd line support.
Day to day responsibilities:
– As a developer, main responsibilities will be to design and develop new pieces of software, to enhance existing software to provide new functionality requested by the business and to correct bugs. For the majority of projects Business Analysts provide specifications for the developers to work with.
– In the lead up to a major release, developers are expected to get involved fixing regression bugs, maintaining the automated regression tests and with the regression testing of an allocated area of the system.
– C++ (Visual Studio 2015) and C#.NET 4.6.1 in a Windows environment
– CppUnit for unit testing
– Python and Robot for automated regression testing
– Oracle 12c, SQL and stored procedures
We are looking for candidates with a passion for programming and problem solving with the following skills:
– Good C++ programming skills
– Working in Scrum or another Agile environment
– Strong technical and problem solving skills
– High level of motivation
– Good communication skills
– Proactive and flexible approach to dealing with challenges
– Interest Derivative experience is desirable, but not mandatory for the right candid